Use specific evidence from the attached sources to support a detailed response. The NY Times article also contains a 7min video for you to watch.
1) Describe the events that led up to Emmett Till’s lynching?
2) Why did the men responsible murder Emmett Till? What happened to them?
3) Why did this event become an important turning point in the Civil Rights Movement?
4) Why was the case recently reopened? What do you think justice would look like? Why?
5) How does Till’s lynching continue to influence the way we think about racial discrimination and violence today?